Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fabric Paint T-Shirts

Here are two little presents I made for our neighbour's kids:
I bought cheap plain white t-shirts for the 2 year old daughter and 11 month old baby boy (is it just me, or do the sizes look really similar?!).
I washed them first so that the fabric paint doesn't disfigure on the first wash.
I then chose a nice font in Word (Kristen ITC) and printed it out the size I wanted for the front of the t-shirt. I put a piece of cardboard in the t-shirt so the fabric paint wouldn't run through to the other side and also put the printed words in the t-shirt. I then just copied the words with a fabric pen as you could see them through the t-shirt.
For the little girl, I did "Mamas kleiner Engel" (Mummy's Little Angel) and did a pair of angel wings on the back, which I found on Google images and printed out too.


For the little boy, I did "Papas kleiner Teufel" (Daddy's Little Devil) and did a devil's tail on the back.


Once I had done one side and it had dried, I ironed it to seal it and then turned it over to do the other side.
Hope they like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment