Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Canvas Art

I have actually already made this for my Dad for his birthday, but somewhere between here and his house the parcel went missing!! It's either damaged at the bottom of some postman's sack or sitting pretty above a postman's mantlepiece! Either way, my Dad never got his present!

I decided to remake it and hand deliver it when I fly to England so that there won't be any more mishaps!

I bought a 40x40cm canvas, some little mdf wooden letters and a few mirrored ones.



I painted the canvas a sort of off white and the letters 5 different shades of red.

I then glued the letters down to form the shape of a heart and spell out the words to the Beatles song:

All you need is love
Love is all you need

Happy Belated Birthday, Daddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment