Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Top Gun Aviators Baby T-Shirt

My friend is expecting her baby boy next month, so I thought I'd get on top of issues and make the little bambino some t-shirts!

First up is the Top Gun special!
I had some t-shirt transfer paper lying around from somewhere and printed out an image of aviator sunglasses I found on Google images on this special paper.

The tools needed: transfer paper with image printed on, t-shirt, baking paper, scissors, iron!

First I washed the t-shirt so there would be no shrinking once the print was on.
I then ironed it and followed the instructions on the transfer paper:
  • Print image
  • Cut out image
  • Put face up on t-shirt
  • Iron with greaseproof paper for a matt finish or silicon paper for a shiny finish (I used some Backpapier - baking paper) which we had on hand and can confirm that that turns the image into a matt finish
  • Let the print cool
  • Re-iron with the paper in between the image and the iron
  • Rewash
  • Re-iron
  • Done!
I'm actually considering making myself one, I love it so much!!

Here's the image printed on the special paper and cut out ready to go
With baking paper on ready to iron the transfer

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment